Frequently Asked Questions
You may be able to find your answer here. If not, drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks!
- Do I need an amplifier?
- The easy answer is YES. With the exception of the Handheld Theremin, our instruments do not have built in speakers. Hook up the theremin to your amplifier with a standard 1/4 inch type guitar cable to hear those beautiful theremin sounds.
- Can I use effects with the theremin?
- YES! You can liken the theremin's output to that of an electric guitar. You can use your guitar pedals, an amp with built in effects or any other type of sound processing you can think of with our instruments. All of our instruments (except the Handheld Theremin) have a 1/4 inch output jack.
- Can I play your theremins outside the USA?
- Yes! Outside of North America, you will need to address the power mismatch issue. You can order an International Power Supply from us or you can replace the standard US supply with one that is of your country's standard that you aquire there. You can also use a power converter, if you wish. Our instruments need to receive between 12 and 24 volts DC to play properly. They draw very little power, so that isn't an issue.
- Can I order an instrument with a credit card? Money order or check?
- Currently we use PayPal as our credit card processor. You do not need to have a PayPal account to use this service. We no longer accept Money Orders or Checks. We have received too many counterfeits in the past to continue to accept these forms of payment.
- What is our return policy?
- If you purchase any instrument from us and find that it isn't for you, for any reason, you can return it within a reasonable length of time, in 'like new' condition for a refund or credit of the purchase price. Shipping charges are not refundable. Sometimes thereminists find that they choose the wrong model to meet their needs. We are happy to facilitate an upgrade within a reasonable length of time, crediting you for the purchase price of the original instrument.